1. Unless your loved one is on hospice, at a hospital or other care facility with licensed staff, call 911.
2. Once emergency personnel have arrived and have been informed of the situation, call After and we’ll explain what will happen next. Call Us (24/7)
3. If your loved one passed at home under hospice care or at a care facility, have a member of their staff contact After. They will provide us with the information we need and a member of our After Care Team will immediately respond to bring your loved one into our care—typically within an hour.
4. If your loved one passes at home and is not under hospice care, please contact the police.
5. If your loved one has passed in a hospital or is at a Medical Examiner’s office, please let the institution know that you have chosen After as your provider. Once they’re ready to release your loved one into our care, they will contact us.
6. We will then contact you as soon as we have your loved one in our care. See more information on After’s services and processes.